BNNSLayerParametersLSTM with hiddenSize != inputSize

Hi all, I've spent some time experimenting with the BNNS (Accelerate) LSTM-related APIs lately and despite a distinct lack of documentation (even though the headers have quite a few) a got most things to a point where I think I know what's going on and I get the expected results.

However, one thing I have not been able to do is to get this working if inputSize != hiddenSize.

I am currently only concerned with a simple unidirectional LSTM with a single layer but none of my permutations of gate "iw_desc" matrices with various 2D layouts and reordering input-size/hidden-size made any difference, ultimately BNNSDirectApplyLSTMBatchTrainingCaching always returns -1 as an indication of error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: The bnns.h framework header file claims that "When a parameter is invalid or an internal error occurs, an error message will be logged. Some combinations of parameters may not be supported. In that case, an info message will be logged.", and yet, I've not been able to find any such messages logged to NSLog() or stderr or Console. Is there a magic environment variable that I need to set to get more verbose logging?