ci_post_install.sh has wrong directory paths?

I am using a cocoapod script that does the following on postinstall:

sed -i -e  $'s/ && (__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < __IPHONE_10_0)//' Pods/RCT-Folly/folly/portability/Time.h

This works perfectly when doing pod install locally.

However, on Xcode Cloud this is the result:

sed: Pods/RCT-Folly/folly/portability/Time.h: No such file or directory

This makes me think the pod install command is receiving the wrong CWD or something really weird.

I had to manually add the sed command to the ci_post_clone.sh script like this:

sed -i -e  $'s/ && (__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < __IPHONE_10_0)//' /Volumes/workspace/repository/ios/Pods/RCT-Folly/folly/portability/Time.h

It appears to find the file only with the volume path in front within xcode cloud.

If this isn't fixed, React Native developers are going to be very confused why builds are failing. I just happened to see the sed error when running pod install after spending a while debugging this.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of rebuilddev Down vote post of rebuilddev
3.1k views

Replies

Hi,

coming from flutter, I also face this issue. Xcode Cloud fails with the following details:

# ERROR: 🛑
Unable to load contents of file list: '/Target Support Files/Pods-Runner/Pods-Runner-frameworks-Release-input-files.xcfilelist'

# ERROR: 🛑
Unable to load contents of file list: '/Target Support Files/Pods-Runner/Pods-Runner-frameworks-Release-output-files.xcfilelist'

# WARNING: ⚠️
Unable to read contents of XCFileList '/Target Support Files/Pods-Runner/Pods-Runner-frameworks-Release-output-files.xcfilelist'

I haven't yet found a solution to this but surprisingly when I rebuild several times it succeeds.

I am following the guide from the flutter CICD page on configuring Xcode Cloud and have a support case with apple on it. as you mentioned the case is still not through to the Xcode Cloud developers...

• I have the same issue, I'm trying to build project with XCode Cloud but I get the same errors. Is there any new update or fix that I can make?

• I'm having the exact same error, did you find any solution you can share?

Thanks.

Add a Comment