iOS safari advanced experimental features

I hope someone can answer this question rather quickly because in the past, my iPhone & Apple ID was hacked and I lost years of pictures and personal and private information and all my email accounts, social media accounts were also hacked and I was never able to recover any of them. So my question is this: are the experimental features on my iPhone 8 Plus a normal part (default apps, etc..) that’s automatically on the iPhone or did I accidentally do something that allowed this to download onto my iPhone?
This is driving me crazy because this information is very difficult to find on the apple support app and searching for answers on duck duck go doesn’t really provide the information or answers to this question, perhaps my question is not written properly for the answer, IDK. Please help!!! Thank you in advance!!

Replies

are the experimental features on my iPhone 8 Plus a normal part (default apps, etc..) that’s automatically on the iPhone

What are those experimental features ?

From SETTINGS To SAFARI

• scroll to bottom of the entire list till you see ADVANCED (last item on list)

Click ADVANCED

• scroll to bottom of the list to EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES (last item on list)

Click on EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES & you will see “EXPERIMENTAL WEBKIT FEATURES” & a list of all sorts of things (that I assume programmers use). Some of the items are automatically selected with a blue color & others are not selected but are just listed.

These are the things that I have concerns about.  Do all iphones have these “EXPERIMENTAL WEBKIT FEATURES” on them?  If so, what happens if I disable all the selected items in blue?   

I have this experimental features on iOS 14.8, with some selected.

If so, what happens if I disable all the selected items in blue?

As far as I can see, you will loose some display optimisation, some performance optimisation… But it should still work.

However, I would keep "Disable WebSQL" and "Speech recognition". Check what is the effect of disabling web authentication (Modern)

Thank you, I will try your suggestions and will let you know what happens.

• And take screenshots of all the settings, to be able to restore if needed.

• What happened?

Add a Comment