Music's Intellectual Property issues in Apple Music API and ShazamKit

Hello. I'm a beginner developer trying to release a music app.

My app is,

1. Use Shazamkit to provide information about music (such as album image of a song, music title and genre, etc.) that the user receives via audio.
  2. Through Apple Music API, provide information about music searched by users (such as artist image, album image, playlist image, title and artist name, genre, etc.).

However, it was rejected by reviewers for the following reasons. 5.2.1(e) Legal: Intellectual Property - General

Of course, I am a member of the Apple Developer Program, and even though I only used APIs and Kits provided by Apple, I was rejected due to copyright issues.

For reference, my app does not have upload/download functions for audio and video, and does not include playback functions.

How do I resolve copyright issues?

Thank you.

Replies

If you're matching against the Shazam Catalog and doing music recognition (using SHSession()) and displaying song metadata then you need to provide a link to that content in Apple Music in accordance with the Apple Music Identity Guidelines.

A Shazam lockup or icon may be used to promote the music recognition service and content (metadata) from ShazamKit, however it's not required. If using in marketing materials, please refer to Apple Approval Requirements.

Hope this is helpful!