Hopeless about default browser request

I'm working on a full browser for a year and half during my free time and I'm quite ready for launch, the app is currently on TestFlight and tested by some friends and relatives. I plan to make the app publicly available for testing, but only after the app is basically ready. What I miss is the default browser implementation.

I already prepared my app as described in https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/preparing-your-app-to-be-the-default-browser-or-email-client and sent 3 mails to default-browser-requests at apple.com containing the account's email, team ID and app name.

The first one was sent in August 2021 (4 months ago), second one in October and third one in December. I never got a reply.

I also contacted Apple Devs Support and at least they told me they sent an email to the team in charge of these requests, but I waited for a month and still I don't have an entitlement.

Anyone with a similar experience? Is there some other support page or email where can I ask for information?

Replies

Hi, do you have case IDs from your previous contact with developer support? Please post them here and I can send an email about this next week.

• Hi, the case number is 101570025232 . Thank you for the support

Add a Comment

Hi there, have you gotten any updates on this? If not I can follow up with wwdr.

Hello, I even sent another email on January 5th, still no response... do you need some personal info to refer my case? Not sure if posting the Team ID publicly is safe on the forum. Thanks for the help

No, the case number you already posted should be enough. Let me follow up again.

Sorry for the late update because I have been busy, but I got a response just yesterday. Maybe they decided to answer because of your push, in this case thank you!

Anyway, I'll leave it here just for other folks in this situation: I sent the last email directly from my address connected to the Apple developer account. The previous emails were sent via an email alias related to this dev account.

Just wondering if they have some filters which check if the sender's email has a corresponding dev account and it doesn't consider aliases.

That's so good to hear! I was just about to send a follow up message so I'm glad you got a response 😁. I don't know whether they filter emails or not, but thank you for posting the information anyways!

Yeah, thanks again, I have replied to their email with the app information, now waiting for them to check the app and see if it's eligible for the entitlement. Let's see how much time it will take 😅