how to create Developer ID Provisioning file

I'm working on distributing a MAC App, and I'm also a complete beginner.

During deployment, the following was confirmed in the apple log:

Provisioning Profile Validation: profile 'teamid.Bundleid' is not provisioned for this device () embedded provisioning profile not valid: file:///Applications/SystemExtensions.app/Contents/embedded.provisionprofile error: Error Domain=CPProfileManager Code=-212 "Provisioning profile does not allow this device." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Provisioning profile does not allow this device.} Disallowing "BundleID" because no eligible provisioning profiles found

The app is notarized and runs normally, but when it runs, the app fails to start and ends with the error.

So I decided to create a Developer ID provisioning file.

1. Go to the Apple Developer site.
  2. Since you already have a "Developer ID Applications" certificate and a Bundle ID is registered, you only need to create a provisioning file.
  3. On the Profile tab, on the Distribution tab, choose Developer ID and choose app Id.

1. Then it will show no certificate as below screen.

1. Actually, there are two Developer ID Application certificates as shown below.

How do I create it?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of DevO96 Down vote post of DevO96
3.6k views

Replies

That’s certainly weird. I ran through the same process with my Individual account and it works as you are expecting it to work.

Presumably you’re working as part of an Organization team? If so, ask your team admin to do this to see if they get a different experience. My reading of Apple Developer Program Roles suggests that team admin or higher may be necessary for to generate a profile.

If that doesn’t help, I recommend that you contact Developer Programs Support about this. Go to Developer > Contact Us and choose Development and Technical > Certificates, Identifiers, and Provisioning Profiles.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• The same thing happens when I log in to the admin account. So I sent the mail and I hope the response is quick.

Is there anything additional I can do?

• Quinn, i got a reply telling me that i was contacting the wrong people via your recommended path for contact. I have additionally filed a radar on this because its preventing me from shipping updates at this point... FB9925430 - the case number i was assigned via Contact Us: 101637930643

Add a Comment

Hi, do you find any solution for this?

Yes I still haven't solved this problem. Do you know how?

No, exactly same issue. Waiting for Apple support response

When we get an answer, we will share it with each other by commenting on the thread.

Yes, still waiting them

Apple do not answer, but I reach the statement, that you can set whatever bundleID you want and everything works fine. So probably we do not need provisionprofile at all.

To deploy, I use various functions of App id of Identifiers (Extension , Endpoint-security etc). However, when I try to deploy through Developer ID through the archive in Xcode, I always get an error because the provisioning file does not match.

Please tell me how to solve it

Where you try to deploy it? Developer ID is for outside AppStore, so you need just to notarize it with notarytool?

• Check below Comment

Add a Comment

I'm trying to deploy to a company. Therefore, it is distributed using the Developer ID. Please refer to the inquiry below. This is my current situation.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/700227

I just ran into this problem, a year later. I'd happily let Xcode handle this, but it fails.