iOS 15 Communication Notifications not working!

Hello,

I recently wrote a Notification Service Extension to allow me to specify a "sender-url" and "attachment-url" property with urls from my backend which are then used to display the appropriate icon images in the sent push notification.

Below are all the steps I have taken:

• Created a Notification Service Extension
  • Added the "Push Notifications" and "Communication Notifications" abilities to my main app.
  • Added (Dict) -> "NSUserActivityTypes" (Array) -> "INSendMessageIntent" (String) to my main app's Info.plist.
  • Added the "NSExtensionAttributes" (Dictionary) -> "IntentsSupported" (Array) -> "INSendMessageIntent" (String) to my Notification Service Extension's Info.plist.
  • I have double checked Apple Developer Portal to make sure that my main App has both the "Push Notifications" and "Communication Notifications" Capabilities.

My Notification Service Extension works flawlessly for displaying attachment images through the "attachment-url" property but my extension is unable to properly display a Communication Notification with the custom icon. There are no errors thrown in my code and my extension runs flawlessly yet the notification comes through unchanged when attempting to send it as a Communication Notification.

I would also like to add that Communication Notifications work perfectly when I send them locally from the app by following this guide: https://gist.github.com/Dexwell/dedef7389eae26c5b9db927dc5588905 so It is clear that the problem is not my code but the fact that the Communication Notification is being initialized through a Service Extension instead of the app itself.

The Apple documentation for Communication Notifications is extremely confusing and thus any help regarding this matter would be appreciated.