General Audio Driver Development Questions

Hi,

I need to develop a cross-plateform driver extension (similar to a Windows Audio Processing Object (APO)) for an Audio Device and I'm struggling with associating the driver to a USB Audio Device.

I'm using the SimpleAudioDriver example and override the device_uid with the Product ID and the manufacturer_uid with the Vendor ID.

As I understand it with this documentation : https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=zk5xdwbn it should associate my driver with the device but it creates a new device.

If you have any hints, please get back to me.

Thanks.

Replies

In order to match your driver to a device, you'll need to adjust the IOKitPersonalities settings in your driver's Info.plist in accordance with that article you've linked. If you're only changing the device_uid and manufacturer_uid in the code, it will not impact the matching process.

Hi @Drewbadour,

Thanks a lot for your help. It's now assigned to the right audio device. But we now have two devices showing up : one is assigned with our driver and the other one is assigned to the original driver. How to override the original one with ours, to just have one device showing up ?

Thanks.