How Can I run an automation on SMS messages that are coming from my Bank

I would like to perform certain actions when I receive messages from the Bank.

There is an option in shortcuts to run the automation when receiving messages from certain contacts.

The problem is that I can't store the bank in my contacts as they do not have a phone number or something.

I want to achieve this goal in any possible way.

What I have tried is to store - their contact - in my contacts so that I will be able to set up the automation.

When I tried to store iPhone just shows me the prompt to create a contact with NO values whatsoever. SO it will just be an empty contact.

Any ideas how on how I can achieve that?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ahmedsaeed Down vote post of ahmedsaeed
2k views
  • Create personal Automation --> select Message -->Tap on "Choose" in Message Contains option--> type any string which is unique from that SMS you receive from bank. something like "Your bank credit card has been used". Now, you are able to continue with other actions as per your conditions.

Add a Comment

Replies

Found any solution for this one?

As of iOS 16.6, this still doesn't work. Apparently, you can only create automation triggers for cell phone numbers, not for hidden numbers generally used for mass-texting by banks. As advised by @SriramV above try to filter on the message text instead by including unique words that are specific to messages from your bank. For example, "your card was charged"