Apple Pay enforced for order tracking

cannot find details about this in the docs, is order tracking only working together with an ApplePay payment ✅

nevermind, found it

Replies

Hi! would you mind sharing what you found? Thanks

Order tracking is designed to work seamlessly with Apple Pay. You donate the order details to Wallet via the PKPaymentAuthorizationResult. You can find out more information about this in our session, and in our documentation:

The order bundle is a self-contained file and so you can share an order bundle like any other file, for example by email or AirDrop. Upon opening the file on an iOS device, Wallet will ingest the order and attempt to register to the web service, if specified.

• But I don’t get it. as far as I understand the docs, order tracking WILL ONLY work after an ApplePay order. but as far as I understand you now in your comment you can share the wallet card within an eMail to add it to your wallet (similar to adding an airplane ticket to your wallet) WITHOUT being enforced to use ApplePay (from the perspective of being a retailer).

what is now correct?

Add a Comment

In iOS 17, order tracking is supposed to be available for purchases not made with Apple Pay. I found two support articles demonstrating this feature from the user’s point of view, and some developer documentation for JavaScript. But I see no instructions for adding this button to iOS apps.

Am I missing something?

Add a Comment