Reuse binary for new app version

I have an app version 1.1.4 which is ready for sale. Now I want to change the description. So I created a new version 1.1.5.

Since the app itself has not changed I want to reuse the 1.1.4 binary. But I can not select the binary for the new version. Its okay for me that I have to do another app check even I just changed one word in the discription, but i do not want to upload a new binary since that takes very long. So how can I reuse the binary? I really hope it is possible.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of julienduchow Down vote post of julienduchow
1.1k views

Replies

Since the app itself has not changed I want to reuse the 1.1.4 binary.

What you’re asking for isn’t possible because your app’s version number is encoded in the app itself, specifically, in the CFBundleVersion and CFBundleShortVersionString properties of the Info.plist.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks fot the answer, but its really annoying for me as a developer to rebuild the app just to correct a small typo in the app discription even though nothing has changed in the app itself.

Add a Comment

but i do not want to upload a new binary since that takes very long.

Also, on average, 90% of app submissions are reviewed in less than 24 hours. 

• Yes that is not the problem. The review is really fast and that is totally fine. In my case I am the developer of an app, but another person is managing the app. So when this person now eg. want to correct a typo in the discription I have to start XCode and create a new build even nothing has changed and that takes around 30minutes for me, so I do not think this process is perfect. So its not the review which is the problem its the need of a new binary.

Add a Comment