Error: Code object is not signed at all.

Hi,

I created a widget for our application. The application is manually signed for distribution. I created a new identifier and provisioning profile for distribution for the widget. The new identifier is our app identifier with ".widget" appended.

After I added both the app and widget provisioning profiles to my export.plist for the xcodebuild step, the app builds without error.

When I try to validate the app before upload, I get this error:

Error: Invalid Signature. Code object is not signed at all. The file at path [MyApp.app/PlugIns/MyAppWidget.appex/fix_imports.sh] is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate.

The provisioning profiles in the export.plist are for distribution.

Has anyone else encountered and fixed error? I'm stumped!

Claire

Accepted Reply

After I added both the app and widget provisioning profiles to my export.plist for the xcodebuild step

Presumably that means you’re trying to distribute from an Xcode archive. Do you see the same problem if you export the archive from the organiser manually? That is, by clicking the Distribute App button and then following the App Store Connect > Export workflow.

The file at path [MyApp.app/PlugIns/MyAppWidget.appex/fix_imports.sh] is not properly signed.

fix_imports.sh doesn’t look like an Apple thing. Where does that come from?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

After I added both the app and widget provisioning profiles to my export.plist for the xcodebuild step

Presumably that means you’re trying to distribute from an Xcode archive. Do you see the same problem if you export the archive from the organiser manually? That is, by clicking the Distribute App button and then following the App Store Connect > Export workflow.

The file at path [MyApp.app/PlugIns/MyAppWidget.appex/fix_imports.sh] is not properly signed.

fix_imports.sh doesn’t look like an Apple thing. Where does that come from?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thank you Quinn “The Eskimo!” ! I appreciate you pointing out the problem which was right in front of me! The script is used by the project but should not be included in any targets. I removed the inclusion and it fixed the app export. :D

Cheers! Claire

Add a Comment