Poor Performance of Sample code from "Counting human body action repetitions in a live video feed"

I downloaded the sample code from the WWDC 2022 session "Counting human body action repetitions in a live video feed" and ran it on my new iPhone SE (which has an A15 Bionic chip).

Unfortunately, this sample project (whose action repetition counter was mentioned multiple times during WWDC, was extremely inconsistent in tracking reps. It rarely worked for me, which was disappointing because I was really excited about this functionality.

I'd like to use this action repetition counting in an app of my own, it would be very useful if it worked, but I'm skeptical after struggling to get Apple's sample app to accurately count reps.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting this sample project or action repetition counting in general, to accurately work?

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

Replies

This is Beta software so anything is expected at this point of time if running any of the Beta tools or OSes.

Have you had any update on this? We'd like to hear from you. If possible, pls do a screen recording and file a bug via Feedback Assistant, so we can investigate.

btw: this sample code was tagged as Vision instead of CreateML, which is why we could not respond in time