How to setup iOS Safari to be safe but work

I have used Safari as my primary browser for years now and it has evolved. Some very good updates and some bad.

I have noticed since iOS 14 I believe when Apple started slowly implementing more security features that pages would show up wonky or unresponsive at times, but a clear browsing history and cookies would fix this issue. Then in iOS 15 and now 16b1 it’s become almost unusable on certain pages. 

Again these issues have been ongoing since the updated security features started rolling out and in non beta releases

For example. Some pages won’t load completely or when you try to use a drop down menu the pictures would overlap the drop down. Resets or clearing cookies/cache, history would not fix this issue. Even turning off some of the privacy features wouldn’t resolve this. Menus have become unresponsive, ie. registering a new user on a forum. The menus would are static with no way to change or update your dob or address. 

I hope this makes sense so far.

So here is what I have turned on and added extensions. Tracking is off in privacy & security

• [on] Block pop ups
  • [on] Prevent cross-tracking
  • [on] Hide IP and Address - Trackers & Websites // I can’t see it but I believe the Trackers & Websites is set to general location//
  • [on] Fraudulent website warnings
  • [on] Privacy Preserving Ad Measurements 

All Advanced Safari settings are default and have not been touched 

Extensions - 1Blocker (only these below are on)

1. [on] Block Ads
    1. [on] Block Adult Sites
    1. [on] Block Annoyances
    1. [on] Block Trackers

I have tested things for months now, toggling these off and back on. Trying to find the combination that works. I even removed all extensions and ran just the safari settings by themselves and it still renders some type of misfire with sites (menus being static or pictures over lapping drop down menus)

The title says it all. How can I get safari back to working and have these privacy features on without the extra bugginess that Safari is doing?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

—jasonag.