Deeplinks into new System Settings app in macOS Ventura

Hi,

in past several versions of macOS, following deep links into System Preferences were working:

1. FileVault: x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preference.security?FDE
    1. Software update: x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preference.softwareupdate
    1. GateKeeper and System Extensions: x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preference.security?General
    1. Focus: x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preference.security?Privacy_Focus
    1. Full Disk Access: x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preference.security?Privacy_AllFiles
  • And many others

They do not work in macOS Ventura anymore. Is there a replacement in macOS Ventura available? Could you please add/document new deep links into System Settings app?

We use it to guide users through different setup steps that have to be done to fully setup/onboard our macOS software.

Thank you for any information,

Jakub

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of RudoBaker Down vote post of RudoBaker
2.1k views

Replies

Same issue as Jakub, I would add ScreenSaver settings to that list too if possible.

@RudoBaker did you report the feedback yet ?

@C_Wiz. I did send the feedback on 10th of June 2022. So far no reaction from Apple. I suggest you to fill a feedback as well. More feedbacks means better chance of getting any reaction/fix.

I have an update on this topic.

It seems the deep links continue to work if you use

NSWorkspace.shared.open()

but they do not work when you try to open them in Terminal via

open <url>

This used to work in older macOS versions.