Xcode14 Beta 4 Callkit didActivateAudioSession not called when run on simulator

When running my VoIP App on simulator 14.0 Beta 4 this is never called

(void)provider:(CXProvider *)provider didActivateAudioSession:(AVAudioSession *)audioSession

I have tried iPhone simulator tor simulate devices running both iOS15.2 and iOS16

This same code works correctly if I run on a real device ruining iOS16 Beta

It also works correctly running on simulator with Xcode 13.2.1

So it seems to me that Callkit is Not activating audio correctly on Simulator in Xcode 14.0 Beta 4

Anybody seeing same behaviour?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of davemaj Down vote post of davemaj
1.3k views

Replies

Update to above

In summary I believe that with Simulator running with Xcode 14.0 beta 5 ( (986.2) SimulatorKit 624 CoreSimulator 857.7 ) simulating iOS16 then Callkit didActivateAudioSession never happens.

If I use that simulator to run iPhone with iOS16 then didActivateAudioSession NEVER gets called so I get no speech path on my calls

If I run from that Xcode on my real device iPhone 12 running iOS16 Beta5 then it works correctly (didActivateAudioSession is called as expected)

If I run on the simulator running iPhone 12 with iOS15.2 then that too works correctly (didActivateAudioSession is called as expected)

If I run on simulator with Xcode 13.2.1 running iOS15.2 then that that too works correctly (didActivateAudioSession is called as expected)

Same issue on Xcode 14.0 simulating iOS16

• Yes i see it is still happening with released Xcode 14.0

Add a Comment