Bundle Identifier give errors

Hello guys,

I wanted to start with Flutter in Xcode today but when I got to the Bundle Identifier these errors came. I hope someone can help me! Thanks

Replies

Hello, I also develop with Flutter. The problem is related to the fact that you have not correctly configured XCode with your Developer account and you have not created the digital certificate for publication and its provisioning profile.

Most Apple platforms [1] require that every app have an App ID that’s registered with the Developer website. This App ID is structured like TTT.BBB, where TTT is your Team ID [2] and BBB is your bundle identifier. For example, SKMME9E2Y8.com.example.apple-samplecode.Test712493. The bundle ID part must be globally unique.

What’s happening here is that you’re following a tutorial where the bundle ID is set to com.example.firstapp. However, you’re not the first person to follow that tutorial. Someone else has done this, and thus registered that bundle ID for their app. That bundle ID is associated with their team, so you can’t use it. And you can’t registered it again because bundle IDs must be globally unique.

The fix is to use a different bundle ID. Traditionally you’d use reverse DNS notation for this, as shown by the example above. If you’re just playing around, and don’t have a relevant DNS name, use com.example.*** is just fine.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Everything except macOS, and in macOS you still need this if your app uses any restricted entitlements.

[2] Historically this wasn’t the Team ID but rather a unique App ID prefix. That’s still supported of a legacy option, but all new apps should use the Team ID as the App ID prefix.