Crash on launch - strange crash report

I added widgets to my app and now it is crashing on launch when installed via TestFlight. The crashlog only shows ??? and the address 0x0 (see screenshot).

Has someone of you seen something like this already and has an idea how to fix it?

Some parameters:

• Very old project (started in 2009)
  • some ObjC, some Swift, some SwiftUI
  • Added an intent handler extension and a widget extension
  • added base internationalisation
  • the project has localisations that are marked as deprecated. When I delete them, App Store connect tells me that the binary is invalid.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Accepted Reply

It looks like the process is crashing during load. The dynamic linker is attempting to call a static initializer but the pointer to the static initializer references an invalid address.

Do you post-process your app executable with any third-party tools during build? Does your app include any third-party libraries that were provided to you in binary-from only? If possible, try removing or disabling those and see if the crash still occurs.

Replies

It looks like the process is crashing during load. The dynamic linker is attempting to call a static initializer but the pointer to the static initializer references an invalid address.

Do you post-process your app executable with any third-party tools during build? Does your app include any third-party libraries that were provided to you in binary-from only? If possible, try removing or disabling those and see if the crash still occurs.

Thank you.

I removed an unused package and changed some build settings. I don't exactly know what did the trick, but it now works again.