Opening an AR Quick Look experience via URL

Hey there,

as I'm learning how to use my 3D modeling skills to create AR experiences, I'm wondering about WebAR for quite some time now.

I want to create AR Quick Look assets, which can be summoned by just scanning a QR code or clicking a button on a website. Least friction possible.

My question: Can I make AR Quick Look load the 3D model by only using a specific URL or HTML?

Thanks for you help!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of bims_parallel Down vote post of bims_parallel
1.1k views

Replies

AR Quick look isn't technically Web AR, since it is OS level and not running on javascript in a browser. That said you can either link directly to the USDZ file or Reality file hosted on a webserver and this will open natively in AR Quick look.

The cravat is this is only for Apple, if you want to have Android support you'll need to link to an html webpage and host two 3D assets in an html tag linked to both gltf and the Apple asset (usdz/reality) then the user can arrive at this html page, then navigate to the AR that is native to their hardware.