Image quality issues when deploying app

Hi,

I have my app on the App Store for about 3 month. Today, I created an update and started to test via TestFlight. However, the image quality of the PNG files are really bad (though haven't changed anything!)

There are items in the image that shouldn't be, ... - to me, it looks like the quality of the images were downsampled or whatever. I've included screenshots on how it looks like.

On my Mac, the images are correct, also on the device emulator. It only appears when distributing the app ... might there be something wrong with the created archives?

Anyone else experienced something like that, how can I fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Mario

1st Image: how it looks like on the simulator.

2nd Image: how it looks on the iPhone. please note how the buttons appear

Replies

Hi Mario. Did you find a solution? We ran into a similar problem recently and seems like TestFlight is doing something that is breaking “semi transparent” pixels in the image. I can see this also in your image, you pixels with full colour are fine but those pixels close to the borders of your button where there are semi transparency is not rendered correctly.

Would be interested to know if you published and if you had the same issue in App Store as in TestFlight?

Hoping to find a solution that does not involve reloading all our images

I have same issue. My app is distributed to Firebase and Testlight. No issue with Firebase build but Testflight