Missing Enterprise Distribution Certificate Private Keys

Hi,

Recently I've lost the private key of one of my entreprise In-House and ad hoc certificates.

The problem is that one of them is expiring soon and the newer one (the one I d'ont have the privet key) was used to sign one app already installed, but now I need to resign another application, and without private key I cannot use it. Another problem that we have is that we can only have Two in-House and Ad hoc certificates for production therfore I have to revoke the newer (lost private key).

After contact Apple developper support and a lot of researcha i found this page

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1868/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40014760

In the page it's written:

2B. If Member Center does not allow you to create another distribution certificate then the distribution certificate whose private keys are missing must be revoked and re-created. To do this, follow the steps in App Distribution Guide > Maintaining Your Signing Identities and Certificates > Re-Creating Certificates and Updating Related Provisioning Profiles. Doing this will invalidate all currently deployed apps and therefore requires you to re-sign, and re-distribute all currently deployed apps once the new working distribution code signing configuration is created.

Doing this will invalidate all currently deployed apps…” Does this meens that all installed apps will cease to work the moment I Revoke the certificate?

If Not, What will happen when the certificate is revoked?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Missing Enterprise Distribution Certificate Private Keys

Q