Ios 16 open specific filtered notes shortcuts not working

I have built a specific shortcut that queries a specific note based on a particular rule . The shortcut used to work just fine before iOS 16 and it would output the queried note and open it right away. (My query mainly consist of a particular folder and creation date= today). If the query does not result any value then the shortcut would create a new entry in that particular folder (using if/ otherwise script). Basically I use this as a journaling tool and I create a daily note stored in my Journaling Folder to which I point the query. If no notes have been created yet for a new day, the shortcut would create one (would run a create note with a particular template function), then for the rest of the day, whenever I click on that shortcut, it would keep opening the same created note until the day ends and the clock resets because for the rest of the day the query would output a value ( ie there would be a note that fits the query criteria: found under s specific folder snd created today). Now every time I run the shortcut, I will get a drop down menu with a list of my most recent iCloud notes although under the preview window of my shortcuts it does seem my query is detecting the note, it just can’t open it. My bet is the “open specific note” command is broken and can’t be linked to specific filtering criteria rules. Please help/ major impact on daily productivity (I am using the same logic for a bunch of other daily notes as well for other purposes).

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of OZB Down vote post of OZB
1.7k views

Replies

I second this and having similar issues. My filtered note shortcuts stopped working recently and most bothersome the ability to manage these and execute is from the Apple Watch completely stopped working as well. It was great to be able to attend a note with a shortcut from Apple Watch but I can no longer do this.

Hi, I’m having the same problem with iOS 16. I have the same shortcut on my iPad and it’s working perfectly. I’m depending on this shortcut to be productive at work. Can you please fix it really soon?

ipad iPad Pro (12,9 pouces) (3e génération) iOS 15.7- Shortcut- https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/9d8608fd9f2c48749a36f3ac620a5c18 iPhone 12 mini iOS 16.0.2 (20A380) - Shortcut- https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/ebcccb2449e3426a811e12f0960df047

Other people having the same problems - https://talk.automators.fm/t/ios-16-shortcuts-broke-find-notes/14326

I spent more than an hour on the phone with Apple and ended up with a reply that says they are not really supporting shortcut coding. I brought it up on their feedback page I was kind of expecting that the issue would be solved with the new 16.2 patch release, Nada! I don’t know how we can bring Apple’s urgent attention to this matter?

The "Open Note" Action bug appears to be fixed in iOS 16.1.1.

• I’m having exactly the issue above, and am running 16.2

Add a Comment

Were you able to fix this issue? I’m having the same (on 16.2)