Deletion for accounts with insurance contract.

Dear App Review team.

Our app handles accounts linked to insurance contract. Currently, in order to delete an account, it is necessary to contact the user support desk. Therefore, when deleting an account linked to an insurance contract, We would like to make a flow to contact the support desk, but is meeting the account deletion requirement? When deleting an account not linked to an insurance contract, We intend to allow deletion without contacting the support desk. For the detailed flow, please refer to below:

Replies

I am not part of the App Review team, but the only accepted way to use a customer service flow (like contacting the user support desk) for account deletion is if your app is used in a highly regulated industry.

I was told by App Review that the fields given as examples in App Store Review Guideline 5.1.1(ix) - "highly regulated fields (such as banking and financial services, healthcare, gambling, legal cannabis use, and air travel)" - are the only fields that Apple considers to be highly regulated.

As long as Apple considers insurance to be a financial service, I would think that your plans for account deletion would be acceptable. I'd email Apple directly to confirm just in case.