XCode Cloud Workflow not including custom fonts

I have recently implemented "XCode Cloud Workflow" for my apps to deploy to TestFlight. I am using custom fonts in my code which gets included without any issues when I create the project archive via "XCode Product Archive".

However when the archive gets created via "XCode Cloud Workflow" the fonts are not employed inside the app screens. I can see the fonts file are included in the "XCode Cloud Product Archive" artifact, however they have not applied in the screens. They don't throw any error as well. Due to this I could NOT use "XCode Cloud Workflow" for my apps. Anyone is experiencing such issues?

• I think on macOS you have to have custom fonts installed with an actual installer. Double-clicking the font and installing via FontBook will work, but I realize you have have the users do that

Add a Comment

Replies

We resolved the issue. Since XCode build runs on a virtual environment we have made use of the "ci_pre_xcodebuild.sh" script file (placed under "ci_scripts" folder of the project) and copying all font files into "~/Library/Fonts" folder. This indirectly installed all the custom fonts in the target machine before the build is generated thus resolving all the font's used within the project (mainly via storyboard) to stay intact. Hope this helps in your projects and also make way to use the "xcode cloud" build workflow.

Add a Comment