Enteprise App Distribution

I need some clarification regarding the Enterprise App distribution. I am a developer and have developed an App for a different organization. I don't have an Apple Enterprise Development account.

My question is with which certificate should I sign the IPA to give to the organization for which I developed the App? I don't know which path to follow

1. Get the Enterprise distribution certificate and the private key from the organization and sign it using that and share the IPA with the organization?

2. Share the IPA that I created with my developer certificate and give it to the organization, and ask their IT guys to resign it using their Enterprise distribution certificate?

3. Or Is there an MDM that will accept the IPA that I created with my developer certificate and will resign the IPA with their distribution certificate?

Can you please suggest to me the best approach? I am aware of the Custom Apps. But in my case, I don't want to go via App Store.

Replies

My question is with which certificate should I sign the IPA to give to the organization for which I developed the App?

My advice is that you avoid this problem entirely by sending your clients an Xcode archive (.xcarchive). They can then add the archive to the Xcode organiser and create a .ipa from there. This is a much nicer process than them having to re-sign the app.

And, yeah, installing Xcode is a bit of a pain, but it’s much less pain than re-signing a built .ipa.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"