Aspect Ratio Of Image is Whacked

Hi. I am using Kingfisher library to load images. My problem is that when i resize the width, the calculated height does not follow. the height of the image when displayed is still short.

What could possibly be wrong in my code?

import SwiftUI
import Kingfisher

struct MyView: View {

var geometryProxy: GeometryProxy

var body: some View {
    HStack {
      HStack {
        KFImage.url(URL(string: "https://volcano.si.edu/gallery/photos/GVP-11076.jpg"))
          .cancelOnDisappear(true)
          .fade(duration: 0.25)
          .resizable()
          .scaledToFit()
      }
      .frame(maxWidth: geometryProxy.size.width * 0.4, maxHeight: getHeight(Float(geometryProxy.size.width) * 0.4, Float(geometryProxy.size.height), Float(geometryProxy.size.width)))
      Text("Text 1 Label")
        .frame(maxWidth: geometryProxy.size.width * 0.65, alignment: .topLeading)
        .padding(.leading, 10)
        .padding(.top, 3)
      Image(systemName: "chevron.right")
        .frame(maxWidth: geometryProxy.size.width * 0.05)
        .padding(.leading, 0)
    }
    .contentShape(Rectangle())
  }

private func getHeight(_ imageWidth: Float, _ imageHeight: Float, _ screenWidth: Float) -> CGFloat {
//    let ratio = Float(placeholder!.size.height / placeholder!.size.width)
//    print(ratio)
//    print(ratio * width)
//    print("______")
//    return CGFloat(ratio * width)
    let ratio = screenWidth / imageWidth
    return CGFloat(imageHeight * ratio)
  }
}

The Image should expand since i set the width of the image to at least 40% of the screen width.

Or could my calculation for getting the height may be wrong? Thougts?

Accepted Reply

Baaaah. I luckily found the solution I was looking for a few minutes after posting this. so we use .aspectRatio(ratio, contentMode: .fit)

Replies

Baaaah. I luckily found the solution I was looking for a few minutes after posting this. so we use .aspectRatio(ratio, contentMode: .fit)