A NSRemoteView warning occurs when I use a NSSavePanel

The application displays a main window. As soon as I initialise a NSSavePanel :

panel = [NSSavePanel savePanel];

the following warning appears

2017-02-06 10:01:22.744 MyApp[3162:93453] warning: <NSRemoteView: 0x618000136620> determined it was necessary to configure <NSVBSavePanel: 0x7fe5d567dec0> to support remote view vibrancy

What can I do to remove this warning ?

Replies

Get the same exact warning (XCode 8.3.2 OSX 10.12.5).

No solution yet.

Seems linked to the entitlements.

Found this on SO : h ttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/42961752/nsopenpanel-swift-warning-message-on-osx-10-12

NSVBOpenPanel is the special class connected to sandboxed apps; so unless you turn sandboxing off, it seems you have to live with this problem.

You can submit a bug report with a sample project, but I think the short answer is that the message is harmless.

Keep in mind that macOS has to go to a lot of trouble to display a save/open panel in a different process (the "powerbox"), but make it look like it's part of your app. (For example, delegate methods have to run in your address space, and any accessory view, which may have custom event handling in your process, has to be — or appear to be — part of the window that's in the powerbox. It's a very fragile mechanism.)

I suspect the message arises because of some initial assumption about the view layering is found to be incorrect, and there's an exchange of information between your process and the powerbox to fix things up. Vibrancy is itself pretty complex.

Thanks Quincey for this insight !

It is harmless today, but couldn't it become harmful tomorrow (it happened several times in the past). Hence, would be good to configure NSVBSavePanel as requested, if ever possible ?

Not possible, it's a private class that we don't have access to.

Using QLPreviewView in my app also seems to generate this log.