Device Activity App Icon Size

Hi, I am working on implementing new Screen Time API (from WWDC 22) in my app and I am trying to show app icons in the report by using Label(:ApplicationToken) initialiser and it works fine. However, all the app icons are very small unlike in the video from WWDC. If you take a look on the screenshot, I have app icons like on the right-most phone, but want smith like on the left-most.

I tried to adjust the frame and font, but the only thing that works is scaleEffect, but, as you can imagine, the quality of the icon is terrible in this case.

Apple's documentation is also not helping, so I was wondering how can I make this app icons bigger?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of em0071 Down vote post of em0071
1.5k views

Replies

+1 on having more power to display the icons in various ways

While on the topic of icons, there seems to be a bug where the icon inside the Label is a different size depending on the device...on my iPhone 14 Pro, there's a "border" around the icon (icon image is about 20x20). On iPhone XS and one of the latest iPad Pro's, the icon spans the full 'space' of Label (icon image is about 40x40). One of the issues is that it makes it difficult to size properly. I am not sure what size the icons will have on all the different devices.

Add a Comment

Hi!

Were you able to use Label(:ApplicationToken)? Do you use them in a report extension or app (on child or parent)? For me it shows an empty space.

@dioneea, I use is in an extension and it works fine, except the fact that I can't change a size of it.

Same issue with the Label text as well..anyone find a workaround?

+1, same issue. I submitted a ticket to Feedback Assistant to fix this, I suggest more people do the same - this is bad UX for users