RealityComposer recorded MOV is failing to display video on Replay through AR Application

Hello, I'm working on building some automation and I've been unable to get my RealityComposer AR Session recorded MOV file to playback for our AR test scene.

I recorded the Video on a iPhone 12 Pro iOS16.2 and uploaded the video through the Xcode (14.1) scheme, and our plane finder discovers the planes, so the plane data is there - but the video recording itself is missing and only renders a black screen..

I'm getting these two errors in Xcode:

2022-12-15 21:02:46.831232-0800 ARKit[47806:4130209] ⛔️⛔️⛔️ ERROR [MOVReaderInterface]: Error Domain=com.apple.AppleCV3DMOVKit.readererror Code=9 "CVAUserEvent: Error Domain=com.apple.videoeng.streamreaderwarning Code=0 "Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'CVAUserEvent'." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'CVAUserEvent'.}" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=CVAUserEvent: Error Domain=com.apple.videoeng.streamreaderwarning Code=0 "Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'CVAUserEvent'." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'CVAUserEvent'.}} ⛔️⛔️⛔️

2022-12-15 21:02:47.002073-0800 ARKit[47806:4130208] ⛔️⛔️⛔️ ERROR [MOVReaderInterface]: Error Domain=com.apple.AppleCV3DMOVKit.readererror Code=9 "Location: Error Domain=com.apple.videoeng.streamreaderwarning Code=0 "Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'Location'." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'Location'.}" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Location: Error Domain=com.apple.videoeng.streamreaderwarning Code=0 "Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'Location'." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'Location'.}} ⛔️⛔️⛔️

I have tried toggling Location services for both the device and for RealityComposer and neither have worked - I have rolled back to a previous version (12) of Xcode and the newer 14 version, but still I only get a black screen, i've taken long videos and short videos (>15 seconds & <15 seconds), but still the issue persists.

I've asked my team devs and they're unsure what could be causing this location error either and we are unfortunately stumped, is there something we're missing on our end, is anyone able to give us some advice?

Huge thanks!

Accepted Reply

For anyone that hit this issue of a black screen as well - its a simple, small fix and has nothing to do with the errors above: but the fix for me was to close the app that was launched from Xcode and manually launch it from your iPhone so it will ask for camera permissions, then relaunch the same app from Xcode and it fixes the black screen for me..

This did not fix any of the errors, but my planes were seen and the background mov was finally rendering - there was no error that said it was missing permissions so it was a small oversight and a quick and simple fix,

however i do still hope for a resolution on the spam of errors above if anyone has any ideas, thank you

Replies

For anyone that hit this issue of a black screen as well - its a simple, small fix and has nothing to do with the errors above: but the fix for me was to close the app that was launched from Xcode and manually launch it from your iPhone so it will ask for camera permissions, then relaunch the same app from Xcode and it fixes the black screen for me..

This did not fix any of the errors, but my planes were seen and the background mov was finally rendering - there was no error that said it was missing permissions so it was a small oversight and a quick and simple fix,

however i do still hope for a resolution on the spam of errors above if anyone has any ideas, thank you