Editing "Get Contents of URL" in Apple Shortcuts is crashing the App

Hey everyone, I am working with "Get contents of URL" task in Shortcuts App and I have been able to successfully run my shortcuts.

But, after recent updates to ios 16.2 and MacOS 13.1, I am unable to edit the task. Especially the key part of the dictionary in the "Request Body", type JSON.

I am attaching an image for reference of what I am talking about.

Note : This is happening when I am creating a new shortcut as well. Any help is appreciated.

Replies

Hey there, same issue here! I cannot modify any existing shortcuts or new one when editing the content of the URL... When I try to do it on iPhone or iPad, each time I create a new text field, it automatically assigns an element to it with text inside.

Please let us know if this is an iOS/Mac OS bug or if this comes directly from Shortcuts and if any update coming soon is going to fix that.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same issue. Can't add new 'Get contents of URL' keys. Shortcuts just crashes as soon as I enter a character in the Key area. Same behaviour on M1 iPad Pro, iPhone 11, and MacBook Pro M1. All up to date...

the Shortcut app still crashes on my iPhone 11 Pro iOS 16.2. I’m trying to edit “Dictionary” and “Get contents from URL” items. It’s just block the work of my shortcuts.

Maybe someone already fixed it?

Happening for me still :(

Finally found a workaround for this, as I was having the same issue! Create a text variable, and put the code in there, and then call that file in the Get contents from URL. Don't judge me for using AI to write a cute message to my wife haha!