Xbox 360 Controller compatibility issues on M1 macs

Hi, was just wondering if anyone will see this and have a solution to this problem or if apple gets enough criticism on this subject to fixing the problem... I WANT TO PLAY CLONE HERO ON MY M1 IMAC!!!! not to mention I'd like to see some sort of compatibility for older-gen controllers in general, but I literally scour the internet once a month for hours trying to find anyone who is working on drivers for this and it seems that Apples M1 chip has completely ruined that demographic of gaming and coders. Everyone is completely unable to create a driver that creates compatibility for 360 controllers. Apple, I really expect an answer as I've been an avid user my whole life, and everything I use is apple. I'm a designer, and I really enjoy your tech but honestly, this is becoming very exhausting as you are not very welcoming to gaming capabilities, and customization like other PCs are. Other PCs allow complete control and change to almost every aspect of them. I can't even play guitar hero or other games from 2000. Not very advanced if you can't even run simple games from much simpler processors. This along with other similar issues, I genuinely regret spending so much money on a computer that can't even run anything I bought it for besides the general run-of-the-mill apps that are on their app store.

Replies

macOS now has native support for a variety of Bluetooth game controllers including the latest generation of Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch controllers.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210414

Unfortunately, Xbox 360 controllers and other previous generation controllers are not natively supported. However, you are able to play games designed for previous generation controllers using current generation controllers.

• Not helpful as Xbox 360 wired guitar hero controllers are not compatible and rare. There are not new gen versions of these controllers.

Add a Comment