RoomPlan API

I am using RoomPlan API in my application. Working fine for small apartments but

1. when I am trying to scan a bigger apartment which takes more time greater than 15 minutes the API automatically stopped and finished the scan even though part of the apartment is still pending scanning.

2. I need the original structure like a point cloud in 3D, the USDZ model has a white mesh structure. Is there any way to get a real 3D view from RoomPlan API or USDZ model.

3. How I can change the colour of scanning lines.

4. I am getting RSFloorPlan class value when scanning finished. How I can get this Floor Plan, I mean I need its 2d structure as we what we are scanning.

Thanks! Ramneet Singh (iOS developer)

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Ramneet Down vote post of Ramneet
1.5k views

Replies

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Currently RoomPlan API is intended for single-room scanning only with a limitation of both room size and scanning length. We recommend limit the scanning to less than 10 minutes for a room smaller than 30 ft by 30 ft (10 by 10 meters). If RoomCaptureSession encounters issues, it will call captureSession(_:didEndWith:error:) function for you save the current scanned data.
  2. RoomPlan is design to provide simplified parametric output. If you need point cloud at the same time, you can utilize ARKit sceneDepth API to aggregate depth and point cloud in your app.
  3. RoomCaptureView is for end-to-end scanning experience and there is no option for you to customize the rendering of the view. However, RoomPlan provides RoomCaptureSession to provide data-only API that you can build your own rendering and have the full control of the scanning experience.
  4. Simply take the x and y values of the scanning results and ignore the z values.

Hi averagepoet,

I am exactly trying to access ARKit sceneDepth from the ARSession, but there is a problem:

• You can't have two ARSession running in parallel
  • The ARSession managed by CaptureSession doesn't provide sceneDepth (see my comment there

Did you find a way to still access the depth?