Weatherkit REST API is throwing 401 errors {'reason': 'NOT_ENABLED'}

I have a script which fetches observations from weatherkit rest API which was working fine till morning. Suddenly I am getting {'reason': 'NOT_ENABLED'} error. I haven't changed anything. My key still has access to weatherkit. Any idea what happened here?

Replies

I'm seeing the same thing on my end. No other changes on my side.

Everything in developer portal indicates my keys are active and I have I have decoded and validated JWTs that are being sent.

In addition, the Apple Developer Status page (https://developer.apple.com/system-status/) indicates no problems 🤷‍♂️

• It's working for me again now but worth noting the status page never indicated any problems and the issue persisted for several hours.

Add a Comment

I am experiencing the same thing

Same issue, please help Apple developer team

• Can't speak for anyone else in this thread but it's been working for me since about 4 hours or so after my post 3 days ago. You might be experiencing a "new" issue.

Add a Comment

Same thing, happening on some of the requests. They are also very slow, up to 30 seconds.

Same here

I have noticed that this happens only on when I'm on my local network, but it works fine when connected through a vpn. Could it be an issue with a network configuration of the WeatherKit REST API servers?

I have also noticed that this will happen when using Swift's URLRequests, but does not happen when calling the endpoints from Python using requests library.

same issue here. The issue happened first around 1/27 and I fixed it by giving it a new key file. Then it breaks again today(1/30).

This seems to happen super randomly, like some api requests go through and some does not.. This is really mind bothering...

If anyone figured out the root cause please share.

• I took the JWT token that is failing the request in production environment and submit a request with the token via Postman, and it works just fine.. Apple developer team please help here....

Add a Comment

I've filed a support request on this one FB11969380

This is so annoying. Very random issue.

This issue seems to be getting worse, not better. It's clearly on Apple's side, it's well past time for someone on their team to comment.

I don't recall ever having this level of instability with the Dark Sky API.

The issue still persist. Current failure rate: Error rate:  37.0 %

Same issue over here, whereas DarkSky is doing just fine

just to confirm that this is still going on when using the REST API.

This is affecting us in 57.4% of our API calls. I have manually confirmed the validity of my JWT tokens, and besides, the same tokens work seconds after every failure. With Darksky ceasing service soon this is a rather urgent issue to be resolved. Is any Apple developer able to give an update on what is happening, and a timescale for a fix?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of EoE Down vote reply of EoE