FamilyActivityPicker for multiple child's devices

Good afternoon.

I have a question, the answer to which I did not find in the documentation.

Let's imagine that there is a parent device and two or more children (each child device received authorization "AuthorizationCenter.shared.requestAuthorization(for: .child)"), an application is installed on each of the devices. All accounts (parent and child) are members of the same Family group. How can I show the familyActivityPicker on the parent device and display information there separately for each of the children's devices. As I see it, familyActivityPicker shows either applications from one of the children's devices or all applications from all children's devices, which seems very inconvenient to me. If you call familyActivityPicker on the application directly on the child's device, then the applications that correspond to this device are shown.

If you watch the native Screen Time application on the parent device, there is a choice of children's devices.

Thank you!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of YuriyT Down vote post of YuriyT
1.2k views
Add a Comment

Replies

That is not currently possible. An activity picker displayed on the parent's device will show the apps of all child devices with a Family Controls authorization.

Add a Comment

Please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Thanks in advance!

Can this case be clarified, as it's missing from the documentation: one parent and two child devices. Show FamilyActivityPicker on parent device. I understand that applications from both child devices is shown. What happens with the applications that are common to both devices, e.g. FaceTime? For what device is the token valid?

• Tokens generated on the parent device should be valid for any devices in the family, meaning you can use the same token for either child.

Add a Comment