Network Extension request no reply

I have finished the questionnaire that we developed the application will use the framework of the wifi function by this link.

Now, I have waitted for three weeks, but there is no email even the rejection email. I don't know how to continue.

Replies

It can take a while for hotspot helper requests to be processed.

Having said that, the vast majority of hotspot helper requests are denied because the requesters have ignored this quote from TN3111 iOS Wi-Fi API overview:

NEHotspotHelper is only useful for hotspot integration. There are both technical and business restrictions that prevent it from being used for other tasks, such as accessory integration or Wi-Fi based location.

where hotspot is defined earlier as “a Wi-Fi network where the user must interact with the network to gain access to the wider internet”.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• @eskimo Thanks, I will check my questionnaire whether selects the suggestted choice.

• @eskimo How long does it usually take to receive a response? I have resubmitted my request twice.

Add a Comment

Hello All,

I have a question related to this topic.

We have an app which requires HotSpot Helper for both the app and extensions.

We have HotSpot Helper for the app, but we get an error about missing entitlements and the HSH APIs to query local networks do not work in the extension with the entitlement. How do we get the extensions to recognize HotSpot Helper? Are those entitlements granted separately or are they meant to be accessible once the app gets the entitlement?

@eskimo ?

We have an app which requires HotSpot Helper for both the app and extensions.

Huh? This doesn’t make sense. The hotspot helper entitlement is intended to be used to allow you to call NEHotspotHelper to register your helper. It only makes sense to do that in an app. If you register a hotspot helper in an appex… well… I’m not sure what’ll happen, but nothing good that’s for sure.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"