Getting all running process and memory usage of downloaded apps

Hi myself sreedhar, I want to built an iOS app using swift which shows memory Usage, CPU usage and all process running in background of already installed iOS apps on our device(like Activity Monitor), Please help me here how to get those informations.Thanks

Accepted Reply

Apps like that aren’t really a thing on iOS. You may find them on other mobile platforms, but not here.

Consider this: such a tool would be useful only if you could get the name of each process executable (rather than, say, just a process ID). And getting that information would be a massive privacy fail. Your app would be able to infer (and make fingerprints of, and sell to advertisers) a list of what other apps the user has installed on their device. That sort of abuse is most definitely not supported by any API on this platform.

BTW, check out On Free Memory for discussion of why even aggregated memory information isn’t as useful as it sounds.

Replies

Apps like that aren’t really a thing on iOS. You may find them on other mobile platforms, but not here.

Consider this: such a tool would be useful only if you could get the name of each process executable (rather than, say, just a process ID). And getting that information would be a massive privacy fail. Your app would be able to infer (and make fingerprints of, and sell to advertisers) a list of what other apps the user has installed on their device. That sort of abuse is most definitely not supported by any API on this platform.

BTW, check out On Free Memory for discussion of why even aggregated memory information isn’t as useful as it sounds.

Thanks for the response