Device Management / Device Assignment / Profiles

While reading the documentation at https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement (Device Assignment / Profile Management section), I can create (define) a new profile, assign/unassign this newly created profile to device serial numbers and get information about a profile using its profile_uuid.

Anyway, I cannot find how to update a profile (for example after attributes modification) and how to delete a profile (a profile I no longer need). Are these operations even possible?

Replies

Were u able to assign the device profile? The api returns 200 ok, but nothing happens on device

Yes I managed to assign the profile to device serial numbers. My problem is that I cannot update or delete a profile. Imagine that I changed the MDM server certificate and now need to configure a different anchor certificate. Or imagine I now want to skip different setup items. My only choice is to create a new profile because I cannot modify the exiting one. In this case, the new profile would replace the old one, but I have no operation to delete this old profile as it is no longer in use. My question is are these update and delete operations possible as the API documentation does not mention them?