Publishing on App Store a python website built on Gitpod.oi

Is it possible to publish on App Store a website that I built in python on Gitpod.oi. It's repository is found on github.

I am pretty new to mobile apps. I have done some websites with python using gitpod.oi platform.

The ideal for me would be if I can develop on gitpod.oi with python language, then publish it on App Store. Is it possible?

Replies

It is not possible to directly publish a website built in Python on the App Store. The App Store is specifically for mobile applications built using iOS or Android development frameworks.

However, you can consider building a mobile application that interfaces with your website. This can be done using frameworks such as React Native, which allows you to build mobile applications using web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Alternatively, you can consider building a Progressive Web Application (PWA) instead of a native mobile application. PWAs are web applications that can be installed on mobile devices and accessed through the device's home screen. They can provide a native-like experience and often have access to device features such as camera and location.

If you do decide to build a mobile application or PWA, you can host your Python-powered website on a server and communicate with it through APIs. You can also consider using a cloud platform such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform to host your application and database.

Overall, while it may not be possible to publish a Python-powered website directly on the App Store, there are several options available for building mobile applications that interface with your website.