Proper Weatherkit Attribution?

Hey all, so, my app was rejected because "We noticed your app displays Apple weather data but does not include the required Apple Weather attribution."

My app pulls current, hourly, and daily weather conditions. It doesn't pull alerts.

I display the apple logo and attribution link on my Credits page in the Settings -> About page. (As well as showing the logo on the Launch Screen and mentioning it in the App Store description). I basically subbed out 'DarkSky' for 'WeatherKit'. But apparently this isn't enough?

The "Get Started" page for WeatherKit says "you must clearly display the Apple Weather trademark (Weather), as well as the legal link to other data sources." This doesn't make it clear where the "clearly display" needs to happen. Are we supposed to put an apple logo on every screen that shows any weather details?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Skyla157 Down vote post of Skyla157

Replies

Update for anyone coming across this later:

I replied to the rejection with basically what I wrote above. They asked for screenshots and then said they'd review once I submitted a new binary. A day later they rejected with the same message. So again, I asked for clarification. I received no response, and since I had no more time to waste I resubmitted a new version with " Weather" on every view with weather data. I kept the link on the credits page. It was finally approved. I still don't know if that is what is actually required so if anyone has any other experience I would appreciate you sharing.

• I am sure that you must display it where you show the weather. I'm waiting for them to review my app hoping it gets approved. I do show weather and the attribution where the weather appears. So, I am thinking it would be ok.

Add a Comment