On which target will Swift Student Challenge submissions run on, when choosing Xcode 14 on macOS 13?

Hello! I am wondering on which target will the Swift Student Challenge submissions run on, when choosing the option to run on Xcode 14 on macOS 13.

In Xcode, you can pick multiple simulators and devices as a target for an App Playground. If the submission will run on one of the Mac options, will it run as Designed for iPad or as a Mac Catalyst app?

• I've noticed that Swift Playgrounds on macOS runs App Playgrounds as Mac Catalyst apps, so I suppose this would be the case for Xcode submissions too.

• <

(This comment is a test for a forums feedback, please ignore it. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

When you fill out your application, you’ll select which software should be used to run your app playground. Please review the options in the “Building your app playground“ section of the Swift Student Challenge page (https://developer.apple.com/wwdc23/swift-student-challenge/). If there are specific instructions to view your playground, please include those instructions with your submission.

Good luck.

• Thanks! I reviewed the options, and I was wondering which run destination (not target, sorry) will be used when choosing the Xcode option. I was worried about an issue I had with a SwiftUI NavigationSplitView in Mac Catalyst (FB12108868), but I found a workaround and I don't think I'll have any specific instructions.

Add a Comment

Replies

When you fill out your application, you’ll select which software should be used to run your app playground. Please review the options in the “Building your app playground“ section of the Swift Student Challenge page (https://developer.apple.com/wwdc23/swift-student-challenge/). If there are specific instructions to view your playground, please include those instructions with your submission.

Good luck.

• Thanks! I reviewed the options, and I was wondering which run destination (not target, sorry) will be used when choosing the Xcode option. I was worried about an issue I had with a SwiftUI NavigationSplitView in Mac Catalyst (FB12108868), but I found a workaround and I don't think I'll have any specific instructions.

Add a Comment