Family Controls capability cause Mac Catalyst app to fail

Hi,

I'm building an app for iPhone, iPad and Mac (Mac Catalyst).

Unfortunately when I'm adding Family Controls capability to project I'm unable to run Mac Catalyst version of app. Everything is compiling, it fails when run and shows "Could not launch App"

Launch Service error

IDELaunchErrorDomain: code 20

RBSRequestErrorDomain: code 5

NSPOSIXErrorDomain: code 153

iOS version work without any problems and Screen Time releated Api too. My minimum deployment target is iOS 15. Our permission for Family Controls to distribute in AppStore is currently processing but I guess it shouldn't has influence as I'm running debug.

Best, Marcin

Replies

If you launch the app from the Finder, does it generate a crash report? If so, have a read of Resolving Trusted Execution Problems.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

No, it only shows "The application “app” can’t be opened."

I've checkout your link and process is killed when I run it from terminal - so it suggest unauthorised entitlements. But it seems strange as I looked into App ID certificates on apple developer and Family Controls is enabled for development. I made sure that proper scheme is selected during run and Debug build configuration is selected

I've checkout your link and process is killed when I run it from terminal

That generates a crash report, right? What does it look like? Please post an example, using the technique from Posting a Crash Report.

Share and Enjoy

@eskimo No it doesn't. I've runned it from terminal as is said in Resolving Trusted Execution Problems. In my case system response is [1] 71430 killed So I guess it is the case:

% OverClaim.app/Contents/MacOS/OverClaim 
zsh: killed     OverClaim.app/Contents/MacOS/OverClaim

But I don't understand why it is killed as I run app in Debug mode and Family Controls capabilities switched to iOS only and we registered it both debug and distribution. With removed Family Controls capabilities everything works good

So I guess it is the case:

It’s possible, but not guaranteed. The killed message means that the process terminated due to a SIGKILL. That can be generated for a variety of different reasons. The one you specifically referenced should generate a Code Signature Invalid crash report.

If you’re on macOS 14.0rc, I recommend that you try out syspolicy_check. If not, you’ll need work through the process of confirming that your provisioning profile actually authorises that entitlement.

Share and Enjoy