IPA description

Hi, I have IPA in my App. When user click the item, it show a message like "Confirm your In-App Purchase-Do you want to buy one *** for $y.yy?". Can I change this text? I would like to add some description of the IPA and make it more persuasive.

Replies

I don't think you can customize that string (especially the price) as it is system text that needs to be consistent (and automatically localized) for users.

I'm sure, however, you can find ways to otherwise persuade users in your app before that dialog is presented, after all, once they reach the point of confirmation, they are either already committed, or backing out from a mistake on their part.

You cannot change that text. But that text only comes in response to a purchaseRequest from you. So before you send that purchase request you can have any message you want and when the user taps "YES!!!!" send them to the App Store to respond to this second message.

Thanks. I found however, this message (Confirm your In-App Purchase-Do you want to buy one *** for $y.yy?) is not localized. Why?

What languages are you testing with when you see this?

The only time it wouldn't localize is when the user's language isn't supported, with a fallback using English, as an example.