Programmatic Activation and Deactivation of Focus Mode (Do Not Disturb) on macOS

Hello Apple Developer Community,

I am currently working on a macOS application and would like to seek your guidance on programmatically activating and deactivating the Focus Mode (formerly known as Do Not Disturb) feature on macOS. The primary objective is to provide users with an option to manage their focus and prevent interruptions from notifications during specific periods while using the application.

To achieve this functionality, I would like to be able to:

• Detect the current status of Focus Mode on the user's macOS system.
  • Activate Focus Mode programmatically when certain conditions within the application are met.
  • Deactivate Focus Mode programmatically when the user exits the specific conditions within the application.

I understand that there might be security or privacy concerns related to programmatically controlling the Focus Mode on macOS. However, I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to achieve this functionality in a way that adheres to Apple's guidelines and best practices.

If there are any relevant APIs, frameworks, or documentation that could be of assistance, kindly point me in the right direction. Additionally, if there are alternative methods to accomplish a similar outcome, I am open to exploring those options as well.

Thank you for your time and expertise. I look forward to learning from your collective knowledge and experience in order to enhance the user experience of my application.

Best regards

Replies

he man, I have an similar thing and have been looking for the same can you tell me if you know how to do what you wanted.