Safari Developer Tools Crashes When Recording or Stopping Recording on WebGL Web Applications on Mac

Hello everyone,

I'm currently having an issue with Safari's developer tools on my Mac. I'm working on a WebGL application with a large amount of code. When I try to analyze the timeline of the code, the developer tools crash every time I try to start or stop recording.

Here's some more specific information about my situation:

1. MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2020, 2GHz Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536MB, 32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4x, Ventura 13.1
  2. Safari 16.2 (18614.3.7.1.5)

Here's the specific steps I've been taking:

1. connect my mobile device to my Mac.
  2. open the page on my mobile device in Safari.
  3. select the webpage I need to analyze from the Develop menu in Safari.
  4. click record in the Timeline.

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions on what could be causing this issue and how to resolve it. Thank you in advance!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of h34tn Down vote post of h34tn

Replies

Can you please share a link to a sample page where we can reproduce this issue to investigate?

Doesn't have to be your page if it's secret, but perhaps another public page where this happens.

• I'm sorry, it might not be convenient to provide the link here. Could you please provide contact information so I can send it to you privately, or could you tell me where to find logs or crash information for you to analyze?

• I’d be interested to understand where to find tab’s crash report either.

Add a Comment