XMMP Back Ground Socket

Hi,

I'm working on an app that uses an XMPP Frame Work.

Right now i am using xmppStream.enableBackgroundingOnSocket = YES; ... till Xocde 15 it is working Fine.

But when Xcode Upgrade to 16.0 the app is getting crashed and it is giving hint as xmppStream.enableBackgroundingOnSocket = YES; will not work from iOS OS 11.0 .

The app stops working when the app goes into the background when i am using xmppStream.enableBackgroundingOnSocket = NO;

Is there any way to keep this working in the background? Ideally we'd like to be able to receive an XMPP message and if the app is not in the foreground, we'd post a local notification.

Thanks Mahesh

Replies

Please post this question on the respective GitHub project and/or open an issue there if one is not already opened. https://github.com/robbiehanson/XMPPFramework

To expand on MobileTen’s answer…

It seems that this feature was based on the legacy VoIP architecture. That was deprecated in the iOS 9 SDK and has since been removed completely. If your goal is to run on modern systems, you’ll need to find an alternative path.

As to what that path should be, it kinda depends on your specific situation. If you post some details, we should be able to point you in the right direction. Before doing that, however, read iOS Background Execution Limits.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"