Disable Signatures for 3rd Party SDKs in Xcode 15

A dependency of one of my Swift Packages is preventing my project from compiling because "the signature cannot be verified" and "code sign verification failed." Is there a way to disable signatures for 3rd party SDKs in Xcode 15? Thank you!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Ethan_ Down vote post of Ethan_
2.7k views

Replies

I have a similar request. Given the large impact of this change, I would have expected this to be opt-in for a while before this is enforced to give us time to adapt. As of right now, I have multiple apps that are unable to be built for testing iOS 17 due to this. The reference page "Verifying the origin of your XCFrameworks" only seems to refer to XCFrameworks manually embedded in a project and does not provide guidance for SPM dependencies nor CocoaPods.

Logged the documentation gap as FB12236685

Using the Developer app and searching for xcframework, there is an interesting part that will be shown between today and tomorrow:

Following the Apple WWDC:

or

which simplifying

echo "Build Archive Device Slice"
xcodebuild clean archive -sdk iphoneos -destination 'generic/platform=iOS'[...]
echo "Build Archive Simulator Slice"
xcodebuild clean archive -sdk iphonesimulator -destination 'generic/platform=iOS Simulator' [...]
echo "Create XCFramework"
xcodebuild -create-xcframework [...] -output <YOUR.xcframework>
echo "Codesign XCFramework"
codesign --timestamp -v --sign "<YOUR CERTIFICATE (ABCXYZ)>" "<YOUR.xcframework>"