IpadOS 17 Live Wallpapers not supported problem

Im running into an issue with the new ipadOS17 live photo wallpapers feature. I'm trying to convert a video into a live photo using several apps from the app store like IntoLive, VideoToLive. Once these videos are converted to the live photo format and I try to set them as a wallpaper, the wallpaper menu states that the wallpaper is not supported or more clearly it says "Motion from this live photo is not supported as a wallpaper". I've tried reducing the video quality, video length, aspect ratio, and none of those options seem to fix the issue. The only live wallpapers that appear to work are those taken from the iPad camera. I hope this can be fixed since its one of the new major features of iPadOS 17.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of davidsup Down vote post of davidsup
10k views

Replies

Even some of my photos taken on my iPad don’t supported either. Hopefully Apple put out some offical documents for what makes a photo support live wallpaper.

Also impacted with the same error here, on my iPhone, running iOS 17.

I have the same issue. Some of my live photos don’t work as live wallpaper, and also, I’ve download live photos from Tiktok (you know, this beautiful videos that you can actually download as live photos) but I think the’re not supported on ios 17 To use as wallpapers? that too bad because it makes the user experience so limited.

Is there anyone who found a solution for this? I cannot make it work.

ios 17 now support live photo as wallpaper, but you can't use live photo from old ios version - you can take a new live photo from your iphone running ios 17 and apply them as a live wallpaper

• I tried use live photo that was took by my iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 17, so ended up getting motion not available messag!

• Now it's released. I tried this on the day of release. It is working with live images I took last year(2022) with iPhone 12 mini running iOS16. However, a GIF converted live photo I made 2 years ago is not working since iOS 17

Add a Comment

Same thing is currently happening aswell...

I just got off of the phone with support and they said that old photos are not compatible, even ones that were compatible with iOS 15. Nothing I'm seeing seems to be able to be worked around. Of course, AppleCare had no idea why because they're not engineering, but what away to break a nice feature so that they could separate the subject's head and put it in front of the time. <rolleyes>

• What they told you is not true. While most of my old lives don't work there is 100% some that do. I have been testing them all day. My guess is there is a bug they can't figure out. Not all my new lives work either but most do.

Add a Comment

Yeah! I’m really sad we can’t change our wallpaper, I would like have something that aren’t my photos or the not too good to eyes wallpapers that IPhone gives you. I don’t want place a planet or a plain color or emojis! I want to be able to personalize it as I like! Is hard to ask for just a live wallpaper? :,)

They should just put the old live wallpaper back and not this motion wall paper nonsense.

VideoToLive just updated. You can make custom Live Wallpaper.