VisionOS 1.0 beta 1 Simulator "Not compatible with XCode 15.0 beta 2"

I spent many hours attempting to overcome the problems surrounding the installation of the VisionOS Simulator. The final round of steps I took to install the system is:

1. Completely remove existing XCode installations (mixed with XCode 14 and XCode 15 beta 2).
  2. Download the Xcode 15 beta 2 packages via https://developer.apple.com/download/ with all platforms selected.
  3. Extract Xcode 15 app
  4. Move it to Applications
  5. Installation of VisionOS Simulator fails, close XCode 15
  6. Open the visionOS_1_beta_Simulator_Runtime
  7. Manually move the contents of /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/xrOS 1.0.simruntime to the same path locally.
  8. Open Xcode-beta and received notifications "could not verify the developer"
  9. Ran sudo spctl --master-disable (not feeling great about that)
  10. Open Xcode-beta, and see that the simulator is installed but "Not compatible with Xcode 15.0 beta 2"

Between the developer not verified (an app from Apple) and the incompatibility on a platform built specifically to support things like the VisionOS Simulator, I'm disappointed in this roll out.

Any ideas of what could be going wrong? I'll leave some details below that may lead to some answers.

Location: Switzerland (Swiss Apple AppStore) Chip: M1 Pro Memory: 32GB macOS: Ventura 14.4.1 Available space on Startup disk: ~1.4 TB

I have already faced the issue twice. It also occurs with the iOS simulator. I fixed it in a rather simple way - by rebooting my Mac.

Sadly after several reboots, I don't get the same joy. Anybody else run into this, or had other resolutions?

I have updated to Xcode 15.0 beta 3, and yet still get the same error with the re-downloaded visionOS 1.0 beta 1 Simulator. If anybody has some idea as to why this is, I'd very much appreciate some insight. I'm curious if the fact that I live in Switzerland, there is some regional block. Anybody outside of the US or even more specifically, in Switzerland encountered this issue?

Hello. Could you please file us a bug using Feedback Assistant, so we can investigate why the installation of visionOS simulator failed.

Please don't copy the simulator runtimes but instead leave them in your Downloads folder. We updated the documentation to clarify this:

Install Simulator runtimes from the Apple Developer website

Starting with Xcode 15, you can select the platforms you want to include with Xcode when you download it from Apple Developer website. Click View Details next to the version of Xcode you want to download to view the list of available platforms and the download link. Select the checkbox next to the platforms you plan to develop for and then click the link to begin your download. On first launch, the new Xcode installs the additional Simulator runtime images from your downloads folder. Don’t move the images or manifest file, doing so can interfere with the installation.

Also, you call simctl on the downloaded .dmg to add the simulator runtime manually. That is a safer workflow that also performs code signing verification. The command would be:

xcrun simctl runtime add <pathTo/platform_simulator_runtime.dmg>

Manually copying the .simruntime into the intended location for installation is an unsupported workflow.

Thank you for your reply. I am currently adding a bug report using the feedback assistant.

Regarding using the command:

xcrun simctl runtime add ~/Downloads/visionOS_1_beta_Simulator_Runtime.dmg

for manual installation, I had tried this in the past, and have done so once again. Here is the output from the terminal:

objc[43855]: Class DTXDecompressionException is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DTXConnectionServices.framework/Versions/A/DTXConnectionServices (0x1f678c8e0) and /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DTXConnectionServices.framework/Versions/A/DTXConnectionServices (0x1028a3630). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
# Repetitive messages, included in attachment 
[xcrun installation output](https://developer.apple.com/forums/content/attachment/0f9343a6-4e12-407b-80aa-a9f589ec32d8)

objc[43860]: Class DTXFileDescriptorTransport is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DTXConnectionServices.framework/Versions/A/DTXConnectionServices (0x1f678ce58) and /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DTXConnectionServices.framework/Versions/A/DTXConnectionServices (0x1042c3ba8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
D: D2C44899-A79B-447A-940C-92DA89EDC744 xrOS (1.0 - 21N5165g) (Unusable - Other Failure: Error Domain=SimDiskImageErrorDomain Code=5 "Duplicate of 6F63ACE5-CDD0-41B4-A910-D0A9BA8A72A2" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Duplicate of 6F63ACE5-CDD0-41B4-A910-D0A9BA8A72A2, unusableErrorDetail=})

And the result in Xcode Settings:

Have you tried just downloading the Beta without any additional simulators and then allowing it to download and install the simulators itself?

As of Version 15.0 beta 6 (15A5219j), visionOS 1.0 beta 2 Simulator now works!

VisionOS 1.0 beta 1 Simulator "Not compatible with XCode 15.0 beta 2"

Q