Breaking issue with ApplicationMusicPlayer: Library albums played out of order on 16.6 and iOS 17

As of the latest builds of both iOS 16.6 and iOS 17.0, playing albums from a users library using ApplicationMusicPlayer plays the songs on that album out of order. This is a dealbreaker for my app, and I’ve had to revert back to the Media Player framework for reliable behavior.

If I fetch an album from a MusicLibraryRequest<Album> and load it into the queue using the API introduced in 16.4, init(album:startingAt:)., it starts at track 1 but then plays the rest of the tracks in random order. This happens whether skipping tracks or letting them play through.

The shuffleMode of the player is .off. The issue does not occur with albums fetched from the Apple Music catalog and loaded using that same API, nor does it occur for MPMediaItemCollections loaded into an applicationQueuePlayer via a queue descriptor.

I've submitted this issue as FB12495051 and provided a sysdiagnose. Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

• This is still an issue in the latest builds of 16.6 and 17

• This shipped in 16.6 and is still an issue in the latest build of 17.

Add a Comment