WidgetKit watch complication not shown on real device.

I updated my project from watch app + extension to single-execute project with Xcode 15.

Then add a widget target to watch app.

The new WidgetKit swiftUI complications works well on simulator, but not shown on the real device.(can not find on Apple Watch Face Complication Editor or rectangle widget)

I tried:

1. clean xcode build && Derived Data.
  2. reboot my watch/iphone
  3. delete all old clockkit complication settings & complicationcontroller.swift

the watch still show old clockkit complicaton , that very buggy. so I try next: 4. restore my watch and pair it again.

The new WidgetKit complication still not shown, it very frustrated.

Do I have to change my old watch app to swiftUI lifecycle project to work?
But code is works onthe simulator, which doesn't make sense.

when I debug widget extension on Xcode, it show error:

SendProcessControlEvent:toPid: encountered an error: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.deviceprocesscontrolservice Code=8 "Failed to show Widget 'hltek.***.watchkitapp.ComplicationWidget' error: Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "The request to open "com.apple.Carousel" failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The request was denied by service delegate (IOSSHLMainWorkspace) for reason: BadArgument., NSLocalizedDescription=The request to open "com.apple.Carousel" failed., BSErrorCodeDescription=RequestDenied, NSUnderlyingError=0x15687310 {Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain Code=2 "(null)" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x15696b00 {Error Domain=com.apple.Carousel.ComplicationExtensionDebuggingErrorDomain Code=3 "No widgets available to reload" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=No widgets available to reload}}}}, FBSOpenApplicationRequestID=0x16e7}." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x15684f10 {Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "The request to open "com.apple.Carousel" failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The request was denied by service delegate (IOSSHLMainWorkspace) for reason: BadArgument., NSLocalizedDescription=The request to open "com.apple.Carousel" failed., BSErrorCodeDescription=RequestDenied, NSUnderlyingError=0x15687310 {Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain Code=2 "(null)" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x15696b00 {Error Domain=com.apple.Carousel.ComplicationExtensionDebuggingErrorDomain Code=3 "No widgets available to reload" UserInfo=0x1567e360 (not displayed)}}}, FBSOpenApplicationRequestID=0x16e7}}, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to show Widget 'hltek.***.watchkitapp.ComplicationWidget' error: Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "The request to open "com.apple.Carousel" failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The request was denied by service delegate (IOSSHLMainWorkspace) for reason: BadArgument., NSLocalizedDescription=The request to open "com.apple.Carousel" failed., BSErrorCodeDescription=RequestDenied, NSUnderlyingError=0x15687310 {Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain Code=2 "(null)" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x15696b00 {Error Domain=com.apple.Carousel.ComplicationExtensionDebuggingErrorDomain Code=3 "No widgets available to reload" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=No widgets available to reload}}}}, FBSOpenApplicationRequestID=0x16e7}.}
Domain: DTXMessage
Code: 1
User Info: {
    DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2023-07-06 03:36:45 +0000";
}
--

System Information

macOS Version 13.4.1 (Build 22F2083)
Xcode 15.0 (22221.2) (Build 15A5195k)
Timestamp: 2023-07-06T11:36:45+08:00

dyld[459]: Symbol not found: _$s21DeveloperToolsSupport15PreviewRegistryPAAE7previewAA0D0VvgZ
  Referenced from: <E835EDE1-190A-33B0-9462-EFD25999365D> /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/F2DE6431-DF97-472D-934F-B2B3F76E660E/*** WatchKit App.app/PlugIns/ComplicationWidgetExtension.appex/ComplicationWidgetExtension
  Expected in:     <E4C8E0EA-CF6C-381C-877C-716427DD3DFB> /System/Library/Frameworks/DeveloperToolsSupport.framework/DeveloperToolsSupport

debug the extension on simulator with no error.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of haozes Down vote post of haozes
1.1k views
  • My question might seem stupid, but have you downloaded the latest WatchOS 10 beta on your watch?

• after update to watchOS 10 beta 3 , it works! ! beta1/beta2 is not work.

Add a Comment